The Marierrota mill was built in 1555 in response to a drought. In addition to containing installations rivaling those of the river mills, it had a gigantic masonry dike that was filled during high tide and, during low tide, gradually emptied. All of this allowed the mill machinery to operate and it was still in use until the last century. It has recently been included in a restoration project for the mill and the warehouse, at the behest of an interpretive center that collects natural and historic objects of value. For this reason it will be necessary to develop a comprehensive conference with the goal of assessing each of these elements.